This report captures human rights developments on Election Day (23 August 2023) from 0600hrs to 1000hrs. The emerging issues have been identified by accredited Zimbabwe Human Rights NGO Forum (the Forum) short-term observers deployed in various polling stations. Some of the information contained in this report is derived from verified media reports, information from members of the Forum and updates from the broader civil society.
Key highlights include:
- Delayed Opening of polling stations
- Absence of voters roll outside polling stations
- Absence of voting material in various polling stations
- Missing Candidates on ballot papers
- Voter Intimidation
- Confusion at polling stations as voters cannot identify polling stations