Contact Person: Calvin Fambirai
Physical Address: 120 Chiremba Road, Cranborne, Harare
Facebook: ZimDoctorsfor Human Rights
ZADHR is a philanthropic organization established in 2002 to secure the observance of the provisions of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other International Conventions. ZADHR’s mission is to advocate for human rights for all to access good quality health services, and to bring the skills of the medical profession to the aid of victims of human rights abuses.
ZADHR has many noble activities to reach its mission, such as:
- Defending the rights of health professionals who are persecuted because of their adherence to medical ethics as defined by the World Medical Association – on a larger scale this extends to all people who are persecuted due to their conscientiously held belief system.
- Promoting the education of health professionals and the public about international human rights and the protection, and about the medical and psychological abuses.
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical organizations concerned with human rights issues.
- Monitoring the ethics and responsibilities of doctors concerning human rights issues including:
- Documenting and investigating cases where doctors have participated in human rights abuses such as the use of medical skills in torture.
Investigating and exposing the falsification of medical evidence in relation to those whose rights have been violated
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.