20 Jan WE ARE RECRUITING
The Zimbabwe Human Rights NGO Forum is a coalition of human rights NGOs in Zimbabwe that advocates for the promotion and protection of human rights. The Forum has an exciting new opening for an Internal Audit and Compliance Officer.
The Internal Audit and Compliance Officer will be responsible for adopting systematic and disciplined approaches to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the organisation’s risk management, control and governance processes. The Audit and Compliance Officer will also provide support and oversight to ensure successful management of grants through the establishment of project management systems and giving expert advice to staff and subgrantees on donor requirements and regulations to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Supporting and strengthening the risk management processes by developing and supporting the update and monitoring of the organisation’s risk register.
- Review regularly the organisation’s internal controls for effectiveness to achieve the organisation’s objective and to report on areas of improvement.
- Work closely with external or visiting auditors/reviewers and support their review process.
- Monitor management responses to audits and external reviews, ensuring that all agreed audit actions and recommendations are accurately and timely implemented.
- Ensure compliance with organisation SOPs and regulation governing the organisation’s work.
- Assessing subgrantees to ensure they have adequate systems, policies, and procedures in place for them to efficiently administer donor funds.
- Setting up, supporting, and improving subgrantee financial compliance.
- Lead start-up and close out workshops to ensure that programme staff understand contractual obligations and donor requirements.
- Capacity building and support for sub grantees to ensure grants are managed in compliance with donor requirements.
- Tracking subgrantees expenditure to ensure that they do not go over their obligations and alert Finance team when disbursements are required.
- Reviewing subgrantee financial reports and supporting documentation to ensure that the documentation is accurate and complete.
- Conduct routine compliance visits to ensure that internal controls and accounting procedures are in line with best practice.
- Risk assessment, response, and mitigation plan development.
- Assess current contracts, systems and procedures against donor requirements and develops tools and processes to ensure compliance across the organization.
- Provide technical guidance and support in setting up systems to monitor adherence to financial and procurement rules in line with donor requirements.
Perform any other duty as might be assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
Education and Experience
- A University Degree in Accounting, Audit or related area
- Professional qualification such as CIS, ACCA, IAC, CIMA etc (or significant progress towards attaining such) will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of grants and project management with specific knowledge of USAID and USG grant and contracting rules, policies and procedures.
Critical or technical competencies required
- Audit experience and exposure
- Demonstrated knowledge and prior experience working with a variety of international funding partners and solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management
- Ability to analyse technical and cost proposals
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PPT
- Ability to work under pressure, in a team and for long hours if required
- Proven track record of coaching and capacity building
- Planning, analytical, problem solving, coordination and communication skills
- Independence, integrity and objectivity
Applications addressed to the Executive Director and accompanied with CV, a cover letter and the names and contact details of at least three referees should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject title of the email should be: Internal Audit and Compliance Officer.
Closing Date: 27 January 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.